For those planning to attend the AGAR 23 Memorial Gathering and Dedication this coming May, special RV accommodations are being made available on the Walkersville, MD Fire Department grounds.
The good news in this regard is that these RV sites will only about five miles to the Friday night ‘Meet and Greet’ event, is on site for the Saturday night ‘Gathering’, and about two miles to the Heritage Farm Park for the Sunday Dedication Ceremony.
Our ‘reality’ is that the site is actually where the community holds their annual carnival. And so, these minor details apply. The sites will effectively be ‘dry camping’ with only 20 amp and 30 amp power posts. While water can be available, it must be ‘daisy chained’ between units.
Happily, there is a dump station on site–as you depart. There are also restrooms on site, but no showers. The entire grounds area is grassed. And so, we are asked to drop our ‘toads’ while on the paved parking lot, and limit our transitions across the hard packed grassy areas to one in-and-out.
In consideration of this ‘special accommodation’ and that it is ‘not a functioning RV park’, a few details apply:
- Arrival no earlier than Thursday afternoon, May 3rd.
- Departure no later than Sunday afternoon, May 6th.
- Pre-reservation [ASAP] is requested, by dropping a direct email message to Larry Lowe, our RV Site Host, at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will then be ‘vetted’ as a registered participant for the weekend, and entered onto a check-in list which will be waiting on site.
- A registration response email will include the address and GPS data for the site.
- Cash payment of $15.00 per night will be due at check-in.